- Are you waiting for your internet service to be hooked up?
- Are you going on vacation?
- Do you need a temporary internet connection?
- Northland Public Library now lends Wi-Fi hotspots! These hotspots are available to borrow on a first-come, first-served basis.
What is a hotspot?
A hotspot is an easy-to-use wireless access point that connects your tablet, laptop or other Wi-Fi enabled device to the internet.
How much does it cost?
Borrowing and using the hotspot is FREE! If the hotspot is lost or damaged, a replacement fee of $40 will be charged to your library account.
Is there a limit on usage?
You can connect up to 10 devices at a time, with unlimited data for the duration of the checkout. Download speeds may vary according to network coverage. Hotspots are non-renewable except under extenuating circumstances. Hotspots may not be used outside the USA.
How do I check out the device?
Hotspots can be checked out at the Computer Center Desk.
How long can I keep it?
Hotspots check out for 3 weeks and are non-renewable. They must be returned to the Computer Center (no book drops).
What if I need some help?
Ask at the Computer Center, Adult Services Reference Desk or the CATS Reference Desk for help or call the library for help from home.
Frequently Asked Questions:
• Hotspot must be turned on to work. If it is not turning on, it may need to be charged before use. Turning it off when it is not in use will save battery life.
• Wi-Fi name and password: upon turning on the hotspot, select “Wi-Fi Name/Password” by pressing the check mark. This is the information you will need in order to connect your devices to the internet.
• To connect your device to the hotspot’s Wi-Fi, select the Wi-Fi name on your device when prompted, then type in the hotspot’s password exactly as shown when prompted.
• The service will be turned off once the hotspot has been kept past its due date.
• There is no limit on the data or speed.
• The speed of the device is 4G LTE.
• Up to ten devices can be connected simultaneously.
• The hotspot will work anywhere in the U.S. that is covered on the Verizon network.