Available at the Library:
Northland Public Library is one of the few remaining places that supply tax forms to patrons. Listing of all Northern Allegheny tax help sites
We have received bulk quantities of all State and Federal forms listed below. The forms are located on a table on the upper level across from the reference desk.
Notice from the IRS:
The IRS is currently working to finalize the forms and instructions to reflect the legislation which passed in late December. As a result, some shipments may come later than normal. While most IRS tax forms, instructions and publications will be available electronically on IRS.gov by the beginning of the filing season (Jan. 29), the printing and distribution process for printed products takes longer to complete.
- PA-40 (available)
- PA-40 Instructions (available)
- Schedule A (available)
- Schedule B (available)
- Schedule D (available)
- PA-1000 (available)
- 1040A (available)
- 1040A Instructions (available)
- 1040EZ (available)
- 1040EZ Instructions (available)
- 1040 (available)
- 1040 Instructions (available)
Services at the Library:
- As always during tax season, we will have a dedicated computer near the upstairs reference desk which will have the most commonly used tax forms. The forms may be printed at 15 cents for a copy.
- We have a computer center where patrons can look up the instructions and order forms on IRS.gov. Any forms may be printed out in black and white at 15 cents a page. A library card is required to use our computer center.
- Northland Public Library, in cooperation with AARP, is once again offering free tax preparation assistance for senior citizens and low-income residents on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. from February 6 through April 12. IRS-trained volunteers will help in preparing both federal and state forms. This service is offered on an appointment basis this year, and we cannot guarantee that everyone needing help can be accommodated on any given day. Please remember to bring all necessary paperwork to complete the forms including your driver’s license (photo ID) and your social security card. Please call 412-366-8100 x 113 or register in person at the Adult Reference Desk. Appointments will be made each Monday for the time slots available for later that week.
General Tax Information:
- IRS.gov/Forms – to view and download federal tax forms
- IRS.gov/orderforms – to order federal tax products
- 1-800-829-3676 – to order tax products to be delivered by mail
- 2017 Pennsylvania State Tax Forms – to view and download state tax forms
- Additional Pennsylvania Forms and Publications – includes PA-1000 rent rebate form
- Local Earned Income Tax (EIT) – link to Keystone Collections Group