Love to read but can’t get to the library? Books-By-Mail is designed to meet the needs of elderly, home bound and physically disabled people who cannot use the library or bookmobile service, and who do not qualify for the services provided by the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped. This is a FREE service offered to Northland patrons residing in the Borough of Bradford Woods, Franklin Park Borough, Marshall Township, Ross Township and the Town of McCandless. View our Books By Mail Policy.
- Register for the Books-By-Mail program by completing the registration form and mailing it to the library or e-mailing it to email@example.com. Your library card must be mailed to the library c/o Books-By-Mail.
- Choose a maximum of three items. You can mail this information to the library or call the library at 412-366-8100, ext. 146 during regular library operating hours. Random selections are made or you can request books by title, author or subject.
- If an interested person does not have a current Northland library card, a library card registration form will be mailed to his/her current address. When the library receives this registration form via the U.S. Mail Service, this process will serve as verification of the home address. A library card will then be issued.
- Northland Library will send your materials in a special canvas mailer for your reading enjoyment.
- The items will be on loan to you checked out on your library card for a maximum of 28 days. Participants in this program are not charged overdue fines; however, you are responsible for the replacement of lost/stolen items. If you need additional time to read the books, simply call the library to renew at 412-366-8100. You may, however, return them anytime before that period. Northland Library will retain your library card for the duration.
- When you are ready to return the books, put them in the canvas mailing bag. The mailer will also include a postage-paid return address label addressed to Northland. It is on the reverse side of the address card in the plastic holder. Just flip over the label and replace in the holder. This canvas bag is then ready to be placed in your mailbox for return to the library.
- If you wish to order more books, please enclose a note with your returned items or you can call the library at 412-366-8100, ext. 146 with your choices.
Don’t Forget About Downloadables!
If you have an iPad, Nook, or other tablet, you can easily have access to free audio books, e-books, e-magazines, music downloads, movies and TV shows and comics! All you need is your library card and the following apps that can be installed for free from iTunes or Google Play Store.
Listed below for your convenience are the list of apps Northland currently used for electronic resources. For instructions on how to use these apps, click here.
Hoopla: Access thousands of movies, television, music audiobooks and comics.
OverDrive: Offers eBooks and audiobooks. Curated title lists feature the best literature in a wide variety of genres for all ages.
OneClickDigital: Allows you to borrow audiobooks on a wide variety of compatible tablets, phones and computers.
Zinio: Is an app that allows you to read full digital copies of your favorite magazines on a computer, tablet or mobile device.