Available at the Library:
Northland Public Library is one of the few remaining places that supply tax forms to patrons.
This year, the IRS has notified us that they will send forms 1040, 1040A and 1040 EZ and instructions for these forms in bulk quantities. We will have bulk quantities of Pennsylvania state tax forms, as usual.
- As always during tax season, we will have a dedicated computer near the upstairs reference desk which will have the most commonly used tax forms. The forms may be printed at 15 cents for a copy.
- We have a computer center where patrons can look up the instructions and order forms on IRS.gov. Any forms may be printed out in black and white at 15 cents a page. A library card is required to use our computer center.
- Northland Public Library, in cooperation with AARP, is once again offering free tax preparation assistance for senior citizens and low-income residents on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. from February 2 through April 14. IRS-trained volunteers will help in preparing both federal and state forms. This service is offered on a first-come, first-served basis, and we cannot guarantee that everyone needing help can be accommodated on any given day. Please remember to bring all necessary paperwork to complete the forms. A signup sheet will be located outside of the lower lobby entrance around 7:30 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays so early arrivals can register and then either wait in their car or return when the library opens. (For a listing of other sites in the area where AARP offers its services, view their schedule.)
General Tax Information:
- IRS.gov/Forms – to view and download federal tax forms
- IRS.gov/orderforms – to order federal tax products to be delivered by mail
- 1-800-829- 3676 – to order tax products to be delivered by mail
- 2015 Pennsylvania State Tax Forms – to view and download state tax forms
- Additional Pennsylvania Forms and Publications – includes PA-1000 rent rebate form
- Local Earned Income Tax (EIT) – link to Keystone Collections Group